Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Think I Have A Faulty Hd500

jamminforever

I can't seem to figure out this HD500 I have here. It's driving me nuts! I currently run the hd500 in a 4cm with a mesa boogie mark V head and a 2x12 recto cab. I have the patches, volumes and everything set where I like it and it sounds good. There are times where my effects like chorus and delay wont work or it's barely just barely perceptible and at the same time, there's a big volume drop when engaging the effects loop on the mesa.

I'll show up next week and everything is fine, volumes, effects sound good and I haven't changed a thing with the board then a few weeks later, back to the same s**t again........ I can't pin this issue down.. I'm ready to smash this unit,,.,,, LOL.

• Upvote 1

I like your sig.... lol.... positive attitude! If I can get this solved, I may borrow that line!!!

Since I've posted, here's what I've done. I disconnect the POD and tried the amp and guitar by itself, sounds fantastic. I swapped cords. I swapped tubes. I also tried the amp without the POD, testing it with the xf loop on and off. No probs. It doesn't seem to be an affected effect on the POD, but rather the whole POD itself. I've switched between multiple patches and still this issue persists. What really drives me nuts is that I'll take everything to rehearsal next week and it'll probably work and then prolly the week or 2 after this issue will come back. The only thing I have not done is a re-flash.

What exactly did you do to solve your problem? I'm using this POD in the 4CM for effects only. No amp or cab sims.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while in regards to this thread, but I did manage to record what this issue was with my HD500 and my Mesa Mark V head. The phone recording isn't the best, so forgive me. It starts out with me strumming some chords with the FX loop engaged on my Mesa. Then near the end, I disengage my FX loop and the sound returns to normal. Keep in mind this is a 4cm method. After this was recorded, I tried the my POD 500 strictly in front of the amp and the effects worked. I then re-hooked up the POD 500 back to 4cm and alas..... It works..... No settings were changed on either the pod or the amp.... No idea how.

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/74145741/file.html

I'm going out on a limb here but I think the problem is with the Mesa.  I am pretty sure it is a tube buffered FX loop and it sounds more like the issue lies there.  Maybe needs a new tube?  The POD is digital, it either works or it doesn't.  Not typically a problem like you are describing.  Suggest you get the amp checked and serviced.

• Upvote 1