Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv59 - Loose Alt Tuning Knob

Tightening up a loose pot on a conventional electric is not normally a big issue, but on the JTV59 the nut holding the 'pot' in place is submerged in the body of the guitar and there is a flange preventing access to it.  The only way I can see to tighten it is to go in through the back, but than involves moving PCBs etc, which I'm a bit wary of.  Any suggestions?

I don't think so.  Apart from the flange there is a small plastic piece between the flange and the nut that I need to get to (at the bottom in the pic attached - not the greatest of pictures, I'm afraid).  Unfortunately, this would obstruct a socket.  I'm not even sure it would be possible with a thin walled socket.   I need some sort of caliper that I can get in the hole that would give me enough purchase on the nut to tighten it without taking out all  the electronics.

It's not a major issue - it's not really loose yet, and I do most of my switching via the POD, but it could get annoying if it worked any looser.

dbaudrate, not if no-one can tell you've done so.

As far as company support goes, Line6 is far better than most. As long as it's clear to them that it is in fact a warranty issue, they would sort it out. So just undoing some screws and doing them up again would normally be fine. Now, if you short the electronics with a screwdriver while doing so, they're going to be less forgiving.