Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question???

nealmoad

2 hours ago, robertgoddard said:

Yeah, the looper function leaves a lot to be desired.  I'd rather just get an external looper. But at the prices of most loopers, Firehawk FX + Looper cost will be Helix LT prices.  

True - but you'll still need an external looper if you want to use it for live performances. While the Helix LT looper has a longer recording time it still doesn't have the features that you need for live play. It's good for auditioning tones while editing and for practicing solos over a backing loop but not for live performances.

4 hours ago, silverhead said:

True - but you'll still need an external looper if you want to use it for live performances. While the Helix LT looper has a longer recording time it still doesn't have the features that you need for live play. It's good for auditioning tones while editing and for practicing solos over a backing loop but not for live performances.

This has been my take on it as well.  If you're playing solo or something and just need a short few bar rhythm backing track, either the Firehawk or the Helix's short looper works just fine (including live play).

If you need complex looper functions like the serious live playing looper geeks pull off, you'll have to drop money on a full blown looper. 

Personally, I wouldn't choose the Helix over the Firehawk solely over the looper differences, because the differences just aren't that significant.