Sign in to follow this  
Carhaci

Why Does Hd500 Looper Result Mono

Hi,

I rarely use looper but I have just realized  that, HD500 looper results mono in post mode. I want to record my rhythm guitar by using two amps and than play solo with a different patch. But the result is mono and sounds terrible. It looks very stupid to me ? I thought my HD500 is not functioning right. I wonder if there will be a update on this problem. 

the looper is simply mono... that's why. not likely to change, as it may reduce the time available for the looper, or put a higher strain on processing capabilities.

Thank you for your reply. But it is really weird , they put looper but it is not able to work how it should. Like they say "you can use 2 amps and 8 different effects" in adds but you are not able to use them because of DSP limit. I thought they solved this problem by HD500X but I was wrong. You can only add one more effect. 

...., they put looper but it is not able to work how it should. ......

It works exactly as it should - as designed and as advertised. What you mean is '... it is not able to work how I would like it to.' Those are different things.

• Upvote 1

If you want to use 2 amps and 8 effects regardless of configuration, go get an AxeFx II. The unit is $2200, plus another $1000 for the floor board, but you're right...a $500 processor should do exactly the same thing :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2