Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

issue with updates (HD500X)

yoolern10

I tried to download and update the softwares today. I downloaded and updated all other files before I connected the POD to my computer through USB and updated the flash memory. And then, I after I checked through the Monkey that all the files were up to date except Edit, I updated it probably with POD still connected, or not. Then I get the image. I don't know why the firmware categories are suddenly of unknown version and the driver not installed. I felt like something's wrong, and it's not a matter of just clicking Update Selection again.

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 5.04.54 AM.png

No and no.

Another thing I didn't mention above is that while previously I was able to see the device appearing on my License manager and sound preferences before updating flash memory. When I saw the above picture on the Monkey I checked them both and the device didn't appear anywhere.

Well, I know that if the program is from untrusted developer I go into security to "Open Anyway".

Okay, I tried installing driver again, and it shows up as installed. I hope it doesn't make any trouble in the future. I am only wondering if I should just click "Update Selection" button for the two files on Device Firmware, or do something else because doing that will cause the the installed files to mess with the updated file and cause problems.

I googled a few topics and decided to do the least intrusive thing first--to uninstall driver. Then suddenly 2 files on device firmware got up to the right version! Must've been the order of download or something. Anyway, then I installed the driver again and now it works. Done!