Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drivers Not Recognised In Monkey (mac Running Mavericks)

chalky65

Help please!!

I updated the firmware on my Pod HD Pro and updated the HD Pro Editor software today (27/11/13).  After doing so, Monkey now won't recognise the installed drivers.  I know they are installed as they're there in Preferences.  Also, Monkey won't recognise any USB attached hardware (Pod HD Pro, Guitarport & UX8) which it did before.  Monkey will not also connect to Line 6 to check for updates despite there being a solid net connection.  Is this something to do with the firmware & HD Pro Edit updates, seems too much of a coincidence if it isn't as all was well before this.

I have tried uninstalling both Monkey & the drivers and reinstalling directly from Line 6 website all to no avail.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated especially as I am taking delivery of a JTV guitar tomorrow and want the whole lot to be up and running in perfect harmony.  Typical, couldn't have gone down at a worse time!

Thanks,

Chris

I've had intermittent trouble with the USB driver getting corrupted in OSX Mavericks. Sometimes if i start up monkey, it will report that the flash memory for the HD500X is "Unrecognized", when I know it is up to date. I also have had my iMac shutdown several times when using the HD500X & HD Edit concurrently.

Try opening monkey, and updating the "USB Firmware" if you are having these problems, or any other instability or unresolved problems. I think that the USB driver is prone to getting corrupted by something - may just be my system, but may be the driver itself.

I have a similar issue, my driver is inactive, can't recognize by my DAW. When I've updated the driver's version windows has problems starting up, always going to start up repair, tried to reinstall to a older version, still got the same issue, unrecognizable.  Now my studio work is delayed.

Try opening monkey, and updating the "USB Firmware" - NOT the audio drivers or device firmware. It may be the USB driver specifically that is giving you problems. Also Line 6 was having server issues that prevented Monkey from being able to connect to the Line ^ servers. I think that has been fixed, because I am now able to connect like before. The connection problem is a separate issue from any problems you have on your local system, but it was preventing anyone from being able to update & fix them.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...