Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Edit on the fly using stomps question

themetallikid

I didnt see a way to do this in HX Edit, maybe im not thinking outside the box enough....

In my Fractal years ago, on my midi footcontroller I could assign 2 buttons to function as 'stomps' (to use Helix language) that would allow me to increase/decrease the 'Master Preset Volume'.  I think this can be done with the Helix's 'on the fly' editing, but its a few too many buttons for me to try and think/play/sing/edit at once.  I'd rather just pause for 3 seconds and do it manually (thank you Helix for being that easy to adjust by  hand)....

...However, I was thinking how Stomps are used, is there a way to assign a stomp to my Lead Boost Gain block at the end or the Master preset volume in the output and assign a button each for increase/decrease?  

on an added note, I generally have my presets pretty well dialed in volume-matching wise,  there are occasionally the random ones that fly under the radar...and looking to try and control those in the simplest matter quickly.  Once I trust everything live is good, i probably wouldnt need it.  

You should be able to do this via the controller assignment function on a regular stomp targeting the output block, but I've never tried it.  It would definitely work on a gain block.  Although in that case I'd just use it as a regular bypass stomp and only have to use one stomp button.  If I'm understanding what you're after here.

Yes, you can assign the "master volume" to a stomp or an expression pedal. Im not in front of my Helix now but you should be able to go to the output of your preset signal chain, push/hold the knob for level, and assign that to a stomp or  expression pedal. I usually do this on the input of the preset so I don't have to use a volume "block" in my preset.