mbouvrie

Dunlop Expression Pedal 0-100-0 sweep

Hello,

I've been using the HX Stomp as a travel rig. I like it a lot, only problem is the expression pedal doesn't seem to calibrate properly. I've searched the internet up and down to no avail. How do I calibrate my Dunlop expression pedal to work as 0 being heel, and toe being 100? Currently, regardless of my min/max setting, the HX believes the halfway point is 100 and goes back down to zero. I'm not using a TRS cable to connect the expression pedal. 

Thank you

Sounds like the Dunlop pedal is designed to work with a TRS plug. What you are describing sounds like you've inadvertently tied the end terminals of the internal pot together. That would make the resistance zero at each end of the travel and it's highest value in the middle. If you can solder, you can build a simple cable to fix this. Put a TRS connector on the pedal end and a TS connector on the HX Stomp end. Connect T to T and S to S. Leave the R connection on the pedal side unconnected.

Mark

On 3/12/2019 at 6:29 AM, mbouvrie said:

Hello,

I've been using the HX Stomp as a travel rig. I like it a lot, only problem is the expression pedal doesn't seem to calibrate properly. I've searched the internet up and down to no avail. How do I calibrate my Dunlop expression pedal to work as 0 being heel, and toe being 100? Currently, regardless of my min/max setting, the HX believes the halfway point is 100 and goes back down to zero. I'm not using a TRS cable to connect the expression pedal. 

Thank you

Hi, I am using a Dunlop DVP4 Mini X as my expression pedal with my HX Effects. I was experiencing the same problem as you did until I reversed the polarity of the expression pedal input via the Global Settings in my HX Effects. I am using a regular TS cable and the DVP4 is inserted into the expression pedal input #2 (functions as a volume pedal). After reversing the polarity in the Global Setting, everything is working as it should.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, danielygo said:

Hi, I am using a Dunlop DVP4 Mini X as my expression pedal with my HX Effects. I was experiencing the same problem as you did until I reversed the polarity of the expression pedal input via the Global Settings in my HX Effects. I am using a regular TS cable and the DVP4 is inserted into the expression pedal input #2 (functions as a volume pedal). After reversing the polarity on the Global Setting, everything is working as it should.  Hope this helps. 

my man. Thank you. 

6 hours ago, mbouvrie said:

my man. Thank you. 

Did it work out for you? 

I tried for my setup, and what worked for me (I use TS cable):

- as suggested, reverse tip polarity in Global Settings (preferences -> Tip Polarity -> set to inverted)

- open the bottom of the DVP4 (just four screws, warranty doesn't get void) and set Tip - Ring switch to Ring.. 

After this settings with heel down I got 0 and with toe down I got maximum value. Thanks for the tip @danielygo

Thanks for this thread; it saved me a bunch of hassle! Just wanted to put in my 2 cents:  

Using the Dunlop Mini Vol/Exp. plugged into Exp 1/2 jack on HX Stomp with a normal TS (1/4" guitar) cable ie. no splitter, or trs cable.

Step 1 - Open up the back of the Volume Pedal and make sure the dip switches are set to Exp and Ring

Step 2 - In Global Settings on the HX Stomp, set Ring Polarity to Inverted.

This made the Dunlop pedal register as EXP 1 in the HX Stomp. Everything worked fine after that; heel down = 0%, toe down = 100%.

Got the same issue here! After invert the rig polaroty in the stomp and change the polarity in the dvp4 to rig! Still have the same issue! 

i’m running the 2.82.0