Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic sim patches/presets

mastodonrules

Anyone able to come up with a good sounding acoustic sim preset. I've tried and have a few some even using taylor IRs but I'd like to know what others are doing and how you are doing it. Are their some some basic guidelines to follow. Thank you.

I'm using 3sigma Gibs Bird Electric 4c IR (part of the Gibs Bird pack).  I've never tried to build such a patch using a humbucker and it only sounds good on my Strat on the neck pick up.  The only thing I really do is use some hi and low cuts on the actual IR ... run it through the studio tube pre amp model and an EQ to cut 2db at around 250hz.  you can add some delay and reverb as needed ... it sounds great ... using my guitar through my speakers, some of the settings I use might need to be adjusted for your guitar through your speakers.  I find I need to boost the volume in several different places to get it to the same level as my electric guitar patches but there are lots of ways to do that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mastodonrules said:

Anyone able to come up with a good sounding acoustic sim preset. I've tried and have a few some even using taylor IRs but I'd like to know what others are doing and how you are doing it. Are their some some basic guidelines to follow. Thank you.

I thought Peter Hamm's were awesome. The link to the Helix version is in the comments.

https://youtu.be/5uFSvdR6DW4

• Thanks 1