Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lock Helix volume after soundcheck

Jimmy_vid

Hi all..

It’s possible to lock Helix main volume ??

I had a gig yestrday and after the soundcheck someone moved helix volume button ... and you can imagine the disaster in the show.... :(

It’s something usual when you share gigs with other bands... a lot of cables on the stage....

Any way to aboid that for next shows ???

Thks folks !!

Jimmy

1 hour ago, Jimmy_vid said:

Hi all..

It’s possible to lock Helix main volume ??

I had a gig yestrday and after the soundcheck someone moved helix volume button ... and you can imagine the disaster in the show.... :(

It’s something usual when you share gigs with other bands... a lot of cables on the stage....

Any way to aboid that for next shows ???

Thks folks !!

Jimmy

Hola Jimmy,

Well I suppose nobody uses Gaffer tape any longer, now we are in the digital age :)

See if this helps - check under the Helix Global Settings > Ins/Outs there you can find Volume Knob Control options.

According to the Helix Owner’s Manual - Page 50 

“Determines which output(s) are affected when turning the top panel VOLUME knob. For example, you may want to control the level sent from the 1/4" outputs to your stage monitor without affecting the XLR level sent to the front-of-house mixer.”

Hope this makes sense, and avoids anyone else accidentally messing with your volume.

EDIT  - I just found this that may be of interest - this is using a send block out to PA - check it out

Edited by datacommando
Extra info
  • Upvote 1