Sign in to follow this  
kresner

V240HC Disable Internal Speakers COMPLETELY?

Hello Folks,

I would like to connect my new Helix floor unit, via  Aux In, to my V240HC ... then connect V240HC to an external set of Full Range-Flat Response monitors  (via 1/4'" jacks) and need to disable ALL internal speakers in the 240HC when doing so ... I don't need, nor want, the tweeters active in the V240HC in this case ... the FRFR monitors handle high frequencies very nicely. It is my understanding that when external speakers are connected the V240HC tweeters remain active, regardless of Cab Simulation switch setting on back of the amp?

Warranty issues aside ... would there be a problem (electrically with the V240HC) adding a physical switch that routes the internal tweeters to the 1/4 output jacks when I have FRFR speakers attached to the same jacks?

It would seem that as long as  impedance of the FRFR speakers are compatible, the V240HC should be happy ... or not?? I would have to figure whether to connect the tweeters in parallel or series to ensure the resultant impedance is acceptable. Seems simple enough ... hence probably not!!

Thanks!

21 hours ago, kresner said:

Hello Folks,

I would like to connect my new Helix floor unit, via  Aux In, to my V240HC ... then connect V240HC to an external set of Full Range-Flat Response monitors  (via 1/4'" jacks) and need to disable ALL internal speakers in the 240HC when doing so ... I don't need, nor want, the tweeters active in the V240HC in this case ... the FRFR monitors handle high frequencies very nicely. It is my understanding that when external speakers are connected the V240HC tweeters remain active, regardless of Cab Simulation switch setting on back of the amp?

Warranty issues aside ... would there be a problem (electrically with the V240HC) adding a physical switch that routes the internal tweeters to the 1/4 output jacks when I have FRFR speakers attached to the same jacks?

It would seem that as long as  impedance of the FRFR speakers are compatible, the V240HC should be happy ... or not?? I would have to figure whether to connect the tweeters in parallel or series to ensure the resultant impedance is acceptable. Seems simple enough ... hence probably not!!

Thanks!

Why in the name of Bob would you even want to do this?

What possible advantage is there in doing the above setup vs. going from Helix directly to your monitors? 

Bob says ... 

"cause Yamaha CBR12's are passive speakers ... and I don't own a powered PA system. So when jamming at home and I need some dB's (or gig with no PA system) the 240HC works fine paired to the CBR12's. Hence Bob's request for info on the modification. If connecting to a PA/front of house system, then of course I would run Helix directly to them"

Cheers Mate

• Like 1