Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX stomp midi controller / tuner

jagheterjens

Hi, I love my HX stomp. I used a Kemper for 5 years but the HX is perfect for fly gigs!

Anyone tried the "Tech 21 MIDI Mongoose" ? is it compatiable?

Also, can I program a certain channel on the midi pedal to activate the tuner on the HX?

Is it possible to dissable the volume knob on the HX pedal? I want a set level for the main output, not risking to change it live since i'm running it to FOH.

Best regards from Sweden!

//Jens

All they need to do is update the software to include MIDI control so nobody has to use a third party MIDI controller. The whole purpose of purchasing the HX Stomp was to cut down on pedalboard real estate, at least for me it was. It's a great backup and it has potential to do so much more! If you look on the Ideascale thingy there's a request for this to vote on it

The problem with the Stomp is not that it can receive MIDI messages from a third party pedal (it does), but that it cannot send MIDI control messages like the other Helix devices. (It does not include the Command Center stuff).

In answer to the Mongoose, I think it only sends program changes via MIDI, so could only use it to change presets. You need a controller that will send MIDI CC (control change) commands. The Stomp manual includes a list of stuff you can control, such as Tuner on/off.

2 hours ago, jagheterjens said:

Is it possible to dissable the volume knob on the HX pedal? I want a set level for the main output, not risking to change it live since i'm running it to FOH.

In the global settings you can set the volume knob to only control headphones.  It isn't technically disabling it, but it largely has the same result.