Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there a test tone feature?

coachseeley

After some Google and Line6 forum searching for key words, I was unable to find an answer...

Just picked up a second hand HD500x, and now I'm addicted!!

I don't always have my guitar or unit available , and am wondering if there is a way to start building patches with a "test tone" of some sort.  I generally try to build tones based on the worship set I'm playing at church the upcoming weekend.  I need just a simple "A" note, "G" note, etc... to get an overall feel in order to build a patch.  I'm fully aware that I'll need to tweak the patch when I plug in my actual guitar.  I'm just wanting a guitar note (or chord) I can use in order to start the builds.

Thanks for any help someone can give.

Not sure if I understood... what I did once, was to record a sample of my guitar using the looper block, and then move it to the "Pre" position, doing this I can tweak over my recorded sample until I hear my sweet spot... not sure if this is what you want to do, but this can help. Manual says:

image.thumb.png.65520c7e89f0d89055be437c1339087a.png

Thanks for the reply jvrock84.  I think what I'm looking for is a tone to store on my computer so I can supply a source noise to build effects on.  I would save the patches without the board hooked up, and then transfer the patch over to my board when I get back home.  Basically, I'm building patches at work without my rig.  :)

59 minutes ago, coachseeley said:

Thanks for the reply jvrock84.  I think what I'm looking for is a tone to store on my computer so I can supply a source noise to build effects on.  I would save the patches without the board hooked up, and then transfer the patch over to my board when I get back home.  Basically, I'm building patches at work without my rig.  :)

No can do... with or without a "test tone". HD Edit is just an interface...it's not modeling software. The "brains" are in the POD itself. Can't hear anything without it.

What you're looking to do is called "re-amping", and it's possible with a dry, direct-recorded guitar part in your DAW, along with the Helix Native plug-in (or any other amp-sim plug-in)  but that's a whole other platform/conversation. Won't help you with the POD.