Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODX3 Live no sound

jonathanbull

My PODX3 Live doesn't make any sound when I have a guitar plugged in, neither the guitar input nor the aux input produces any sound when a guitar is plugged into it. I've checked the volume on my guitar and the cables(I bought a brand new tested cable just to see). Is there any way around this or has my trusty PODX3 Live finally died?

Check the position of the Line/Amp switch (I think it's called that - or something similar) on the top panel of the X3 Line. If it's in the middle position - not clearly one side or the other - it acts as a mute switch. Undocumented but true!

3 hours ago, silverhead said:

"Check the position of the Line/Amp switch (I think it's called that - or something similar) on the top panel of the X3 Line. If it's in the middle position - not clearly one side or the other - it acts as a mute switch. Undocumented but true!"

Unfortunately I'm still having the no sound problem even though I repositioned the Line/Amp switch multiple times. Do you have any other ideas of what it could be?

A couple of things to try to isolate the problem....

- do you hear sound through headphones?

- does the tuner recognize the guitar?

- have you checked to make sure the Guitar or Aux inputs are selected for the Tone you are using?

7 hours ago, silverhead said:

A couple of things to try to isolate the problem....

- do you hear sound through headphones?

- does the tuner recognize the guitar?

- have you checked to make sure the Guitar or Aux inputs are selected for the Tone you are using?

I don't hear sound from the guitar in my headphones though my PODX3 still works as an audio interface/external sound card. Unfortunately the tuner doesn't even come up no matter how long I hold the Tap footswitch(I think it stopped working a few years ago). I have the guitar input selected for both tones on the PODX3.

• 6 months later...