Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

footswitch config

baldgeezer

OK - so I'm trying to set something up and struggling so need to know whether I am trying to do something Helix does not support!

In my effect chain I have 2 delays, one set at 1/8th note and one at dotted 1/8th. Each of these delays is mapped to a different footswitch so I can turn them on/off independantly. 

Want I would like to also have is a 3rd footswitch that turns both on/off together - I can do this if I don't have the above footswitch setup, but just don't know if I can do it alongside. Note I am already using snapshots for something else so can't use a snapshot for this.

-Dave

Without using a snapshot it's difficult or not possible, i think.

Maybe if you have a free path, you could insert a split A/B(Route to B 100) in front of the delays and a Merge block after.

So you can bypass both delay blocks with a 3rd footswitch. Or you use a 3rd switch to control the mix level of both delays.

But both delays have to be active befor.

• Upvote 1

Skip the individual bypasses (unless you really need to use both delays simultaneously)
Delays parallel on A and B paths
Split A/B routing (A or B) - first footswitch
Common bypass - second footswitch
Merge.

• Upvote 1

ok got it sorted now thanks. However, I now find that if I have the A/B set to route to A 100, then the level of the output is less than if it routes through both delays? Levels are unchanged from defaults - why is routing through 2 delays in parallel resulting in a louder output?

Now I have realized my way is maybe the same as setting delay time to different division by FS, so maybe you could skip one delay. :)

There is no volume compensation in splits. When you route signal by both paths you double it.

I suppose there may be more solutions of your puzzle (not easy one without snapshots).

1. If we define the task as "how to construct A/B, Y, Bp switch on parallel paths with constant dry level", we can use: 
- delays mix parameter automation as bypass (mix=0 bypass on, mix=100 dry kill)
- single delay dry path as a dry path for both
- multiple FS assigments
Expected issues:
- not intuitive FS illumination
- trails mutes

2. So maybe A,B, Bp would have nicer solution?

3. Or maybe it's better to automate some multitap delay?

While I am away of may hardware Hx LT and Native has no multiple assigments I leave it to somebody else ;)