Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Strange Synth Sound – HX Stomp

guitarbloke1980

I’m using 4 blocks – noise gate, compressor, reverb and delay.  I’m running the Stomp into the FX loop of my amp, and have a drive pedal directly into the front of the amp.

When I change between snap shots there is a strange sound – like a synth - but only for about half a second or so.  It’s fine when practicing at home, but at gig volume, it’s very noticeable.

Any idea what could be causing it?

Just a guess - but do the snapshots have a different time variable for the delay FX? If so what you're hearing is entirely normal - exactly what would happen with an analog delay pedal if you adjust the time knob while playing.

7 hours ago, silverhead said:

Just a guess - but do the snapshots have a different time variable for the delay FX? If so what you're hearing is entirely normal - exactly what would happen with an analog delay pedal if you adjust the time knob while playing.

Ah ha!  Yes they do!! 

Thanks for that, that'll be the issue I'm sure of it! :)

I had the same issue... there is a fix if you don’t like that happening:

Go to Global Settings>Preferences and set Tempo Pitch to "Transparent" instead of "Authentic".

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones.com

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2