Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hooksob

Hey all,

Ok, so very new at this...  Have a couple questions for you all..  After reading the 103 freaking page book I realized that you all probably would be the best to ask...

Question 1, How do I save all the current factory settings, or do I need to, before I start figuring out how to add new Patches.

Question 2, Anyone out there have any advice on building a block that I can emulate the guitar sound of Bad Fish and Santeria by Sublime?

Thanks, I will have many more questions later but lets start with these...

Keep your patches in the Empty User Setlists....Then you don't have to touch the factory setlists. If you want the factory setlists to be restorable easily, then hookup to HD500 Edit and save them...Then you can always load them later.

In terms of building a patch...You could start here: (All I did was Google Sublime Guitar Rig)

http://vintage.guitargeek.com/rigview/491/

sublime_brad_1992.gif

Even though this might be a dated rig for what you are after...It might be a good exercise given its simplicity and might be a good basis for what you are really after.

I would setup a dual tone patch...Probably would use the Plexi 45 and the Soldano Clean for the JC120...The signal path in pretty straight forward...Tube Screamer, Digital Delay in front...One trick in HD would be to use assign the channel volumes of both amps to the expression pedal to setup the crossfade...So basically, my suggestion to you would be to try to build up the signal chain in a decent approximation of what you would do on a real rig. Once you build a few of these from scratch, it really starts making more sense...

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much...  Another question though...  

I downloaded a bundle of tones but when I tried to install the bundle in a user1 set list it automatically uploaded itself into the factory settings list.  I had to take out the individual tones I wanted then upload the saved factory bundle (thank you for having me do this or all my work would have been lost) back in after. Am I doing something wrong or is it the design of the bundle that places it there instead of the set list i chose.

As for the setup how do i make the amps switchable or in other words how do I create to A/B Box Switcher? 

Thank you so much...  Another question though...  

I downloaded a bundle of tones but when I tried to install the bundle in a user1 set list it automatically uploaded itself into the factory settings list.  I had to take out the individual tones I wanted then upload the saved factory bundle (thank you for having me do this or all my work would have been lost) back in after. Am I doing something wrong or is it the design of the bundle that places it there instead of the set list i chose.

As for the setup how do i make the amps switchable or in other words how do I create to A/B Box Switcher? 

Just a quick, "off the top of my head solution" would be to put a Vol/Pan pedal right before the dual path (set for pan of course).  So now you can use the expression pedal to go between each amp and slowly mix them if you want.  You can also put the pedal directly after the dual path which will create a different kind of sound when going between the amps.  Often the difference is subtle but try them both and see what you like best.  I'm sure there is a way to do this with the footswitches but I'm not at my Pod so I can't experiment.  I personally prefer the pan pedal method anyway so I've never tried to do this with the footswitches.