Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix legacy models request

kentuckythrash

Are there any plans to add this stuff from the pod X3 to the Helix?:

Amp models:

Lunatic

1996 Brit JM Pre

cab model:

4x12 2001 Line 6

I just got a Helix as an upgrade from the X3, and have been able to dial in workable tones for everything except my favorite metal rhythm tone I had in the X3 that was a combination of the Lunatic and 1996 Brit JM Pre amp.

I have no idea about the Lunatic model.... I'll stay out of that one.

The JMP-1 was a classic pre-amp, I think you best bet is to make a feature request for it and hope others (including the folks at L6) agree. 

Line 6 uses ideascale for feature requests... so don't ask for it here. (http://line6.ideascale.com) 

FYI: I just took a look and there is 1 request for a JMP-1 already there... you could just upvote that...

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Marshall-JMP-1Valve-Midi-Preamp-model/925906-23508 

The JMP-1 was just 4 pre-amp models of their already famous amps. Do you know what channel was modeled in the X3? I'm thinking they went for channel 4.... but this is how I would approach each channel. 

• Channel 1: Pre-amp version of the "Brit J-45 Nrm"
  • Channel 2: Pre-amp version of the "Brit J-45 Brt"
  • Channel 3: Pre-amp version of the "Brit Plexi Jump"
  • Channel 4: Pre-amp version of the "Brit 2204" or "2204 Mod"
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, kentuckythrash said:

Are there any plans to add this stuff from the pod X3 to the Helix?:

Amp models:

Lunatic

1996 Brit JM Pre

cab model:

4x12 2001 Line 6

I just got a Helix as an upgrade from the X3, and have been able to dial in workable tones for everything except my favorite metal rhythm tone I had in the X3 that was a combination of the Lunatic and 1996 Brit JM Pre amp.

So are you indicating you cannot find or create a tone in the helix that smashes that old tone out of the park?  Keep digging in, you'll get it. 

in the meantime, up vote like Codamedia mentioned. 

• Like 1