Sign in to follow this  
Arvindkumar

Connecting PodHD500 ro SpiderV 60

Is it possible to connect POD HD 500 to Spider V amps and use the wah pedal and also control the tones from spider V from the POD ?

I also noticed that, the amp doesnt sound that great when I take output from POD HD 500 to spider V 60,  is it good to use with POD HD500 ?

Yes.  You can use it.   There are some nice effects in the HD500 that will sound good with the Spider V.    Run the output from the HD500 must to the guitar in, don't use an amp/cab model, and put your gate, compressor, distortion and modulation effects in the chain.  Another way to do it would be to use the amp/cab models and set the output to combo amp.  Pick a clean amp (or disabled) model on the Spider V if you do that.    I recommend you use the Spider V's delays and chorus to get the best time based effects regardless of those solutions. 

My guess it isn't sounding good because of the output mode you are using on the HD500, and you are probably using an amp model on both HD500 and the V.   you are going to have to read the manuals and play around with this a bit. 

On my 240HC, I have even taken the headphone output from both my Helix and HD500X to the aux in and used it as an FRFR amp.  It sounds very good.

You won't be able to use the HD500 to change patches on the Spider V no matter what you do, so you might as well get the control board and use the built in effects of the Spider V instead.

• Upvote 1

I largely agree with the above poster, except for the part about using the Spider V's effects. In my opinion, the best way to go is to treat the Spider V like an FRFR. I created a flat mode preset with all internal amps/cabs and effects disabled.

Then I'd use the Pod 500x to output to it. Do everything sound wise within the Pod, with the Spider V used only as amplification. 

You could mess around with the new "classic" speaker mode to see if that gives you a better result then the original hi fidelity mode, but that's about all I'd tweak.