Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

In a setlist some preset's positions bug

hescaz

Hello,

In a setlist on my Helix, some presets positions can't be rename and i can't import any preset.

it's look like some bugs.

I refeed my helix with the last software and have done this many times but it's always the same bugs.

Any idea?

Do the hardware begin to fall?

It's not clear if you're talking about trying to make changes from HX Edit or directly on the unit.  There are one of two likely problems.  You  may have a mismatch on the versions of HX Edit and the Helix firmware, or your Helix didn't do a rebuild of your presets when you upgraded the firmware.  Given you haven't mentioned what version of firmware you're using it's pretty hard to tell what you're dealing with from your description of he problem.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, hescaz said:

Hello,

In a setlist on my Helix, some presets positions can't be rename and i can't import any preset.

it's look like some bugs.

I refeed my helix with the last software and have done this many times but it's always the same bugs.

Any idea?

Do the hardware begin to fall?

have sometime a message error 8200

and sometime when i write for example on place 12A, it's copyied on the 12B.

Well, this is all rather confusing, but I agree with “DunedinDragon” in the comment above, there is possibly a mismatch in the Firmware and HX Edit revision number and/or you need to do a rebuild of the presets.

When you have issues with your unit and need assistance from other users on this forum, it’s a big help to supply as much information as possible. Example: what firmware number, what computer and operating system etc.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah - I seriously doubt that the hardware is about to fail!

Edited by datacommando

Hello, it's the 2.82 and i use PC loaded with windows 10.

What is on the PC is on the Helix.

Some preset dont accept to be rename, others create a double the line under etc....look like some preset are corrupted......

I resolve the problem this way:

- I have done a backup set list by setlist

- with the corrupted setlist i save the presets only one by one

- I have done a total factory reset of the helix clearing all the presets

- I have done one more time an update ith the 2.82 firmware

- then i have reloaded the helix with the differents setlists and preset

- it seemed like it's OK

But what happened?

Corrupted presets (customtone)?

Hardware or firmware bug?

I really cant understand......

What you didn't tell us is what version of HxEdit you're running and whether you're talking about renaming presets from the Helix or from HxEdit, so we're still in the dark understanding what you're doing.

When you did the update of the 2.82 how did you do it?  The process SHOULD have been:

-do a full backup of your system with HXEdit using the backup function in the HxEdit menus (not a setlist export)

-download and RUN the 2.82 HxEdit program

-run the appropriate version of Line 6 Updater that was installed by the HxEdit installation and install the 2.82 version of the firmware.

-after the firmware installation is redone the Helix will reboot and reformat all of your presets on the Helix.

-restore at least your global settings from your full backup using HxEdit.

Make sure you've done each and every step outlined in the upgrade instructions and have done them precisely as outlined.  If not, you're going to have problems exactly like you've just described.  This may or may not fix the problem you're having if you didn't follow the directions step by step in the past as you may have corrupted some presets.

Hello,

I've done all the process as described (i bought this helix in March 2017).

Now i resolved the problem by another way.

But it's a long time that i had some problems with my firmwares, 2.81 then 2.82

Thats why i suspect an internal and recurent bug and really want to initialize the core of firmware.

I've never found the way to do.

Another thing: i've posted few month ago because a problem of ring leds (lighting sometime and sometime not for switch 11 and 12).

The dealer where i bought helix has ordered teplacement leds and its the next step: repairing my pedalboard.

Maybe a link between these leds and the software, a kind of shortcut ?

Really dont know.