Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AskVask123

need help with preset things

Recommended Posts

I heard that with the new version of spider v, it came with new presets that didnt exist on the original spider v. so i was wondering if there was anyway for me, to download those presets onto my spider v.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to have the same option - to load some of the old presets available with the pre-2.00 firmware update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The presets are all the same. What is different is the new software version (mkII) adds the classic speaker mode which cuts off the tweeter. The amp sounds more like a typical guitar amp instead of a PA speaker playing a recording of a guitar amp. They redid all the presets so they sound good with the new mode. You can still select the original mode by going into the Cab modeling page and selecting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 6:08 AM, AskVask123 said:

I heard that with the new version of spider v, it came with new presets that didnt exist on the original spider v. so i was wondering if there was anyway for me, to download those presets onto my spider v.

Thanks.

To download the new presets and classic speaker mode you just need to install the latest 2.00 firmware using the Line 6 Updater Software. Be sure to backup any presets you want to save BEFORE updating, using the Spider V Remote app for mobile or desktop device. The updater and Spider Remote are available at line6.com/software. The presets in 2.00 are all NEW, including presets from amp guru Dan Boul and a lot of Line 6 artists contributed their own custom presets to Spider V Mk2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 7:16 AM, dimitarnc said:

I want to have the same option - to load some of the old presets available with the pre-2.00 firmware update.

Unfortunately, because 2.00 is a firmware update in addition to new presets you will have to download the complete 2.00 update. Be sure to backup any exisiting presets you want to save BEFORE updating ton 2.00. You can update to 2.00 using the Line 6 Updater software, and manage and backup your presets using the Spider V app for desktop or mobile. A lot of the presets are brand NEW, with some really great sounds that were dialed in by Dan Boul from 65 amps, and a lot of tones directly from Line 6 artists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

On 12/3/2019 at 7:39 AM, ADBrown said:

Unfortunately, because 2.00 is a firmware update in addition to new presets you will have to download the complete 2.00 update. Be sure to backup any exisiting presets you want to save BEFORE updating ton 2.00. You can update to 2.00 using the Line 6 Updater software, and manage and backup your presets using the Spider V app for desktop or mobile. A lot of the presets are brand NEW, with some really great sounds that were dialed in by Dan Boul from 65 amps, and a lot of tones directly from Line 6 artists. 

 

Unfortunately when I purchased the MkII it already had the updated firmware installed. The online documentation shows a completely different list of presets than what is on my amp. Is there some place where I can download some of the old presets and install them on my amp? Do I need to downgrade the firmware to get the old presets that I want?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 11:19 PM, ElPicoso said:

 

 

 

Unfortunately when I purchased the MkII it already had the updated firmware installed. The online documentation shows a completely different list of presets than what is on my amp. Is there some place where I can download some of the old presets and install them on my amp? Do I need to downgrade the firmware to get the old presets that I want?

 

You can try searching for the individual tones using the Spider V remote app or customtone.com . If that doesn't work you will have to install the old firmware and save the tones using Spider Remote. The MKII presets are better sounding to my ears than the older firmware presets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 2:16 PM, dimitarnc said:

I want to have the same option - to load some of the old presets available with the pre-2.00 firmware update.

I've exported all tones from my spider V120 when I bought it, I named it nummer it was stored in and the name it had, did the same after updating to MKII.

Hope this will help you.

 

Regards

Stock Tones.rar 1 Stock tones MKII 2019.rar

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...