Sign in to follow this  
AskVask123

need help with preset things

I heard that with the new version of spider v, it came with new presets that didnt exist on the original spider v. so i was wondering if there was anyway for me, to download those presets onto my spider v.

Thanks.

I want to have the same option - to load some of the old presets available with the pre-2.00 firmware update.

The presets are all the same. What is different is the new software version (mkII) adds the classic speaker mode which cuts off the tweeter. The amp sounds more like a typical guitar amp instead of a PA speaker playing a recording of a guitar amp. They redid all the presets so they sound good with the new mode. You can still select the original mode by going into the Cab modeling page and selecting it.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:08 AM, AskVask123 said:

I heard that with the new version of spider v, it came with new presets that didnt exist on the original spider v. so i was wondering if there was anyway for me, to download those presets onto my spider v.

Thanks.

To download the new presets and classic speaker mode you just need to install the latest 2.00 firmware using the Line 6 Updater Software. Be sure to backup any presets you want to save BEFORE updating, using the Spider V Remote app for mobile or desktop device. The updater and Spider Remote are available at line6.com/software. The presets in 2.00 are all NEW, including presets from amp guru Dan Boul and a lot of Line 6 artists contributed their own custom presets to Spider V Mk2.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:16 AM, dimitarnc said:

I want to have the same option - to load some of the old presets available with the pre-2.00 firmware update.

Unfortunately, because 2.00 is a firmware update in addition to new presets you will have to download the complete 2.00 update. Be sure to backup any exisiting presets you want to save BEFORE updating ton 2.00. You can update to 2.00 using the Line 6 Updater software, and manage and backup your presets using the Spider V app for desktop or mobile. A lot of the presets are brand NEW, with some really great sounds that were dialed in by Dan Boul from 65 amps, and a lot of tones directly from Line 6 artists.