Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using PodFarm license with 3rd party audio interface?

I've been using the Line 6 UX2 for years now, but recently got a Focusrite Scarlett Solo as well. I've heard that PodFarm can be used with 3rd party interfaces, but mine does not seem to have this feature, for some reason. Every time I open Pod Farm it tells me that I need to register my license, and even then it doesn't give me access to the presets I've been using in the past, such as Double Female Vocal, or even Slap plate. Is there a fix for this?

It's a bit confusing because there are different iterations of the POD Farm licensing. Basically, though, if you got your license with the purchase of a piece of hardware, the license is forever tied to that hardware, and you need to have the hardware connected in order to access the license. You don't necessarily have to use the UX2 as the interface if you don't want to, but you have to have it connected via USB in order to have access to the full version of POD Farm that came with it.

There is a hardware independent license of POD Farm that can be purchased on its own, and that will run with no special hardware connected (doesn't even need an i-Lok).

• 1 year later...