Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp switching

cliffehala

You have to assign EXT AMP to a footswitch or an Instant Command. I also have an Blackstar (HT40). To switch between channels, I use a TRS cable from the HX PEDAL/EXT AMP output to the Blackstar footswitch input. Then I assign the EXT AMP (TIP) to an instant command to switch between snapshots. If you looking to just use presets, then I think you would need to assign it to a footswitch.

28 minutes ago, cliffehala said:

sorry, I have the HX Effects and on the rear 2 jack outs labelled PEDAL/EXT AMP which can be used to switch amp channels. Instructions show me how to assign it to a Footswitch but I would like to do it in a Preset. cheers.

To do that you need to use Instant Commands in Command Center. Unfortunately, according to the most recent manuals, that does not work.

I called support to see if that's been fixed, since the manuals are so old, and the tech didn't know. So I broke out the old Radio Shack Multi-tester. It seems to work on both Presets and Snapshots using Instant Commands.

C4TH says that TIP is the Channel Switch. I assume that to get the clean Channel you send NONE (open), and TIP for Lead Channel.

17 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

To do that you need to use Instant Commands in Command Center. Unfortunately, according to the most recent manuals, that does not work.

I called support to see if that's been fixed, since the manuals are so old, and the tech didn't know. So I broke out the old Radio Shack Multi-tester. It seems to work on both Presets and Snapshots using Instant Commands.

C4TH says that TIP is the Channel Switch. I assume that to get the clean Channel you send NONE (open), and TIP for Lead Channel.

Yep. As rd2rk said. Tip for clean, none for Lead.