Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lock down Helix settings for live performance

arkieboy

Saturday morning at the beginning of the Matinee performance of the Oxford Gang show, I hit the first chord of what should have been the (British) national anthem and I was greeted - it turned out - by the Cartographer model at full tilt rather than the expected Essex 30 set for a ringing clean.  There's not much room in the orchestra loft for this gig so one of the woodwind players must have knocked a dial as they passed.

Is it possible to lock down your Helix so it becomes a preset machine without the pressing of some unlikely-to-be-pressed-randomly combination of buttons?

(We all had a bit of a laugh about it afterwards.  Most of the band thought I was about to do a Brian May ...)

Well you will definitely check your preset before you start your next show!

It's not an easy accident to have.

If you are using a batch of presets and say snapshots, generally the worst that happens is you've accidentally tapped one of the up/down switches and the presets will be flashing.

You need to make 2 stumbles to actually select the wrong preset - and it's clearly labeled when you do.

I'm always checking.

Not an answer unfortunately, but if you had pedals it would tell you less.

A simple reselect of the preset is all you need to make a habit of. Don't assume anything!

I suspect you will be doing that anyhow now!

4 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

Technically speaking your presets are always locked down unless someone presses the 'Save' button.  All you have to do is select a different preset, then select your original preset and you're back to way that preset was when saved.

This. 

reload your preset before playing.