Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go mA draw

offworld92

• 1 month later...

Bit late and you may have found out by now, but standard use hits about 700/800ma, but using all white leds, headphone volume at max and 4 channels of usb can apparently tip it over 1a. 

Im running mine from a joined pair of 500ma outs on the strymon ojai, and haven’t had a power issue yet at all. 

• 2 months later...

Whatever power supply you choose MAKE SURE you use the right polarity, cause pod go requires center positive, contrary to the vast majority of fx and pedals that go with center negative. So you'll need a cable reverse polarity converter for your power adapter. Also, the center pin is bigger then the standard so again you'll need the correct plug/cable.

• 6 months later...

The Pod GO is CENTER NEGATIVE, not center positive as the above poster has stated above... It does however use a 2.5mm plug instead of the 2.1mm plugs which most effects use... I power mine with the current doubling "Y adapter" adapter on 2ea 9VDC @660ma outputs plus the yellow "Type 3" 2.5mm Flex cable which gives me 9VDC @ 1320ma... The power supply that comes with the Pod Go is the DC-3h which has a center negative 2.5mm plug delivering 9VDC @ 3000ma... I have NO problems with my unit mounted on a Temple Audio pedal board with the Temple Audio CIOKS Power Supply mounted in its slot underneath powering the Pod Go plus some other pedals that I like a lot... It seems that the Pod Go max current draw is closer to 1000ma with an average draw of around 750ma, so my 1320ma output is doing fine...

Edit: The Pod GO is on it's own separate 9VDC @1320ma rail... I have 2 other pedals and a buffered in/out running on their own individual 9VDC @ 660ma rails each...

Edit 2: These days I am running the Pod GO on 4ea 660ma rails for 2640ma total, just for the "in case" security... I still have 1ea 660ma rail left in case I want to run something powered in the effects loop... However I am not using any additional outboard effects these days except for a passive low Z volume pedal in the effects loop for rhythm/lead volume boost...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/1/2020 at 4:52 AM, kevell99 said:

Bit late and you may have found out by now, but standard use hits about 700/800ma, but using all white leds, headphone volume at max and 4 channels of usb can apparently tip it over 1a. 

Im running mine from a joined pair of 500ma outs on the strymon ojai, and haven’t had a power issue yet at all. 

I know this comment is over 2 years old, but if anyone else sees this (or if this user is still active), I have a question. 4 channels of USB? I know about the USB port, but what are you referring to here? And would this matter if playing live, and not using the usb?