Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Questions about future support and updates.

nomad2001

So one of the big things i love about Helix is how we see a new update every 6 months or so with new amp models, stability enhancements, and fun features

But this begs the question, will POD Go users be able to expect the same type of support in the future. Such as new amp models and DSP Appropriate FX Models, and if so will these firmware updates be released alongside the future Helix Firmware updates.

For example, I know Helix 3.0 is set to drop either late this year or early next year. So when that drops, will POD Go users be able to expect the new goodies along with helix users, barring super high DSP models like the new Legacy Drive we just saw introduced in 2.9?

I'm sure we will get updates on POD Go with new models and such. I doubt they'll be released on the same day as Helix but they'll be there. For example, POD Go had Revv Purple and Small Stone before Helix. Next time, maybe Helix will get them first. Either way, I'm sure both products will generally get them (subject to DSP, as you've noted).

These are things which make me feel hopeful for a good level of support on the POD, not to mention the Red Llama model which also sound stellar and was also released before it was on helix.

Just really crossing my fingers we see proper support for all ends of the spectrum, low and high level. But Line 6 really does seem to start to be recognizing the need in the market for a consistent, affordable, high quality amp modeler with decent support thus far with the POD Go.

We can't talk about future plans, but I'll put it this way:

• If POD Go is your first Line 6 multieffects in a decade, you'll probably be happy
  • If you've downgraded from Helix/HX or pay close attention to Helix/HX updates, you may be disappointed

13 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

We can't talk about future plans, but I'll put it this way:

• If POD Go is your first Line 6 multieffects in a decade, you'll probably be happy
  • If you've downgraded from Helix/HX or pay close attention to Helix/HX updates, you may be disappointed

Even if Pod Go won't necessarily benefit re new models akin to Helix updates, presumably Line 6 will still be committed to tweaking the firmware periodically to iron out any bugs found, and also to enhance user experience/functionality where it is able to?