Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

X3 Live as controller and interface for BiasFX

wilmarboer

I'm have a change to buy a second hand Line 6 POD X3 Live. Looking forward to play with it. Besides my main pedalboard I also want to use it as an audio interface and controller for BiasFX on Mac and or iPad. 

1) In the ideal situation I want to use the X3 Live  as an audio and midi interface with OSX Catalina for controlling BiasFX. Is it compatible with Catalina?
2) If not, is the X3 Live as an audio and midi interface compatible with iPad? In that case I'll use BiasFX Mobile

3) If not 1+2, I've also a Zoom U44 audio/midi interface. Another option is to use that as interface and connect the S/PDIF and midi cables to the Zoom U44. Is that an option?

Can anyone confirm which of these 3 option will work?

1) You will see Line 6’s notes about Catalina compatibility in a link near the top of this page.

2) The POD X3 series is not compatible with iOS afaik. Others may have more info about this and can report here.

3) This is probably your best bet. 

Note that the POD X3 is not a full midi device;  the implementation does not support all midi commands and features. Here’s a snip from the X3 manual:

MIDI – connect POD X3 Live to your MIDI equipment to send and receive Program Change Messages for selecting Presets. POD X3 Live’s MIDI Out connects to another device’s MIDI In; its MIDI In goes to another device’s MIDI Out. Chapter 6 has info on setting your MIDI Channel for communication. Visit www.line6.com/manuals for more comprehensive MIDI CC information.

.. and here’s the midi reference manual...

MIDI%20Continuous%20Controller%20Referen.