Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting helix to mini speaker

chicpurple

I hope you have good times my fellow helix users,

I live in apartment so connecting my HX stomp to mini speakers quite sounds good with adequate volume.

But I have problems, some times the speakers freak out with rhythmic noise when disconnected, and I think this is related with output.

IS IT OK TO PLACE MY MINI SPEAKERS(2 units, 3W stereo using 5V separate power) TO PHONE OUT? 

As phone out is made for headphones, I think it might somehow cause overload to it, and I think it might be a reason of problems I sometimes have.

If it's better connecting it to outputs, I'm planning use TRS to  2 TS cable. (as output is two, and connecting TRS to L/mono out will only have balanced signal, not stereo signal)

Please share your knowledge.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:20 AM, Lone_Poor_Boy said:

Sorry, just kidding.  Referencing a very old Saturday Night Live skit.

knew it was joke but since it's not my first language so I couldn't understand that SNL joke sorry:)

I just want to know the solution ... :(

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 3:20 AM, bobcoss said:

I've used headphone out before with computer speakers and a small bluetooth speaker with an aux in jack..  It worked fine. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 12:19 AM, Lone_Poor_Boy said:

I'm pretty sure using phone out would be fine for your speakers. Audio outs, in general, are pretty safe.

Thanks for your reply. Thank you!