Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 Custome Tone Registartion

DemonicGaga

Hello All,

I've been HD500 user since 2010, I've had an old account here but I can't seem to be able to access it so I had to create a new one.

I've been wanting to download new custom tone but it keeps asking me to register my HD500 even though it's registered under the older account! I've contacted line 6 over 10 days ago and never recived any answer from them. it's really annoying not to be able to download and use those tones as before nor I can register my device again! 

Currently it seems that there are 687,735 registered accounts in the Line6 community..

If you remember your previous nickname try to see if your old account still exists and you can find it between the others here:

Search the Community Members

If you find it, in the sign in window click on the "forgot you password" link to recover/regenerate it, then you should quickly and automatically receive an email at the address you used when you created your old account with a link to start the password recovery procedure.

or more directly: https://line6.com/account/forgot.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

1 hour ago, DemonicGaga said:

I've been wanting to download new custom tone

you are signed in. so download til your heart's content. 

but it keeps asking me to register my HD500

obviously, we are misunderstanding something somewhere. because no device is needed to download. and you don't need to be signed in to transfer to a device. 

I've contacted line 6 over 10 days ago and never recived any answer from them.

The chinese sniffles has caused customer service to be weeks behind.

I've been wanting to download new custom tone but it keeps asking me to register my HD500

12 minutes ago, pianoguyy said:

you are signed in. so download til your heart's content.

12 minutes ago, pianoguyy said:

obviously, we are misunderstanding something somewhere. because no device is needed to download. and you don't need to be signed in to transfer to a device. 

I have a strong suspicion that the op wrongly used the word "download" instead of "upload", and I'm not sure, but to be able to upload it could be necessary to have the device registered in the account you are currently using.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

On 6/9/2020 at 8:06 PM, hurghanico said:

Currently it seems that there are 687,735 registered accounts in the Line6 community..

If you remember your previous nickname try to see if your old account still exists and you can find it between the others here:

Search the Community Members

If you find it, in the sign in window click on the "forgot you password" link to recover/regenerate it, then you should quickly and automatically receive an email at the address you used when you created your old account with a link to start the password recovery procedure.

or more directly: https://line6.com/account/forgot.html

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Thank you! I'll check it out now and see if i can recover it

On 6/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, hurghanico said:

I have a strong suspicion that the op wrongly used the word "download" instead of "upload", and I'm not sure, but to be able to upload it could be necessary to have the device registered in the account you are currently using.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

I tried to go to customtone now and dowloand one for HD500 and it showed this message "Valid product registration or software purchase required to use CustomTone."    I know it wasn't like that on my old account, I used to login and download whenever I want.I even have few patches uploaded there!

6 hours ago, DemonicGaga said:

I tried to go to customtone now and dowloand one for HD500 and it showed this message "Valid product registration or software purchase required to use CustomTone."    I know it wasn't like that on my old account, I used to login and download whenever I want.I even have few patches uploaded there!

Maybe I found a workaround for you (see at the end of this post).

First I discovered that there are other customers that have the same problem, a few examples:

https://line6.com/support/topic/45395-custom-tone-access-when-buying-2nd-hand/

https://line6.com/support/topic/32428-cant-register-my-helix-and-because-of-that-i-cant-download-any-patches/

https://line6.com/support/topic/29072-customtone-with-trial/

In regard to the workaround which I hope will work for you too, here follows the copy of an interesting post I found:

<< Clicking on the download button from the search results list prompts the product registration (and will not start the download). Clicking on the tone name, which links to its own separate page and clicking download works though. Looks like a bug on line6 side to me, but at least there's a workaround for it. >>

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips