Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

cant register my helix and because of that i cant download any patches

iomero

hi, just trying to see why line 6 site keeps saying this...

There was an error processing your submission.

ESN could not be verified. Please confirm the supplied USN. ( Error: 523)

it is now getting on my nerves, i didnt pay $1500 for me to get this crap. Thx for reading

This is a user forum... nobody in here is gonna be of much help. You'll have to open a service ticket and get L6 to solve it from their end.

On the bright side, assuming that you're Helix is otherwise functional, there's no reason to sit around waiting for customer service to register it for you. Customtone is mostly a waste of time anyway. Dig in, get familiar with the unit, and create some patches yourself. You'll be better off in the long run.

it is now getting on my nerves, i didnt pay $1500 for me to get this crap. Thx for reading

You are getting that error when trying to download from Customtone, or when trying to register your Helix?

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, RichardLainegard said:

Have the same issue... opened a ticket as well, no reply yet though. I need to register the unit in order to get Customtone, Otherwise I wouldn't be bothered.

Customtone is a great idea that translates poorly to real world use.  The assumption that you can download someone else's patch and have it sound the same is really a fantasy. There are far too many variables involved... the most significant of which is the way you're monitoring Helix...headphones,  studio monitors, through a "real" amp, etc. Unless you and whomever posted the patch have identical gear, cranked to similar volumes (which is uber important... significant volume differences = wildly different tone) you can expect that patch to sound  VERY  different on your end... and 98% of the time you'll have no clue what the other guy did...all you can do is guess. The guitar, pickups, playing style all factor in too.

Download a few when you get it working, and you'll see that the difference between what you hear and the downloaded patch's description is often comical...in other words, it's usually a huge waste of time. You'll be better off getting to know the unit and creating your own tones. 

On 3/6/2018 at 10:30 AM, iomero said:

Sounds like a pain, I'm sure Line6 will get back to you soon regarding your registration issue if not I would ring them up.  I am wondering though if Line6 changed their policy. I was always able to download from CustomTone as long as I had a valid login, it did not require a registered product. Has this changed? What happens when you try to download from CustomTone?