Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects FX Loop + split output

krenar

Hi everyoine.

So I've been experimenting a bit with my equipment recently  and I've found one thing that concearns me a bit. 

Bit over what I'm working here with:

1. HX Effects

2. Hughes Kettner 40W amp

3. Torpedo studio

What I'm trying to achieve is a split signal from HX Effects to my torpedo (different effects on different lines and then different cab simulations on Torpedo), while at the same moment using FX Loop of my amplifier. What I've done is:

helix.jpg

So basically signal goes like this:

Guitar -> HX input -> Send2 to amp -> Return2 from send of amp -> HX output to return of amp -> amp to torpedo cab input

-> HX Send1 to Torpedo line input

Because Torpedo is setup to take Amp + Line L inputs, HX outputs are panned:

- Main L/R is panned 100% right

- Send 1/2 is panned 100% left

+ I used Send1 block on path B to force signal to this output but I don't know if it does anything...

And here's what's bothering me: if you can only use Send1/2 as output of the second path, is the Send2 signal to amp doubled (FX loop + output of Path B)? 

Funny thing in that situation is that even when my amp is in standby mode I can still hear guitar on left channel...

Can anyone tell me if this setup is correct or am I doind something wrong here and can possibly damage my equipment...

Thanks

Art

OK then!

If Path A Output Block is panned hard left and you're using the L/MONO out to go to the amp's FX Return

AND

Path B Output Block is panned hard left and you're using Send 1 (no FX Loop Block needed) to go to the Torpedo Input

THEN

You should be good.

If the Output Block can only be set to S/R 1/2, then 1 is usually LEFT, which is why (I think) it should be panned hard left.

I don't have the HXFX, but I have the HX Stomp which works the same way but with S/R 3/4.. I tested this and it worked (Send 3 panned hard left), so try it.

Another way to do this is to use only one output block. At the mixer block pan Path A hard Left and Path B hard right. Then take the L/MONO out to the amp and the RIGHT out to the Torpedo. This is the simplest way and leaves you with another FX Loop if you need it.

6 minutes ago, krenar said:

You mean Path A panned hard right , right? :) otherwise both are panned hard left.

It doesn't matter, you're selecting which S/R to use 1 (Left) or 2 (already in use).

See my followup post for a much easier and more logical solution.

This is what happens when I try to multi-task during a weight lifting session - I need to hit myself it the head with a dumbbell to get my thoughts in order!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Another way to do this is to use only one output block. At the mixer block pan Path A hard Left and Path B hard right. Then take the L/MONO out to the amp and the RIGHT out to the Torpedo. This is the simplest way and leaves you with another FX Loop if you need it.

And leave the Output block centered.

13 hours ago, rd2rk said:

This might actually work... Gonna give it a try