Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Replacing HX stomp. modelers are subjective

willyjacksonjs22

Been with the unit for months and i can get some great tones but the response or feel when playing its not there for me even with irs.. it hurts to sell it and leave the line 6 forum because its a great piece of gear and the amount of great support theres in this forum.. but all gear is subjective., sadly  i find bias fx 2 ( irs help)  and S gear more fun to play than the HX stomp :( 

I wanna thank all the members for their support on guiding me on how to use the stomp.. thank you! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jorgealberto25 said:

Been with the unit for months and i can get some great tones but the response or feel when playing its not there for me even with irs.. it hurts to sell it and leave the line 6 forum because its a great piece of gear and the amount of great support theres in this forum.. but all gear is subjective., sadly  i find bias fx 2 ( irs help)  and S gear more fun to play than the HX stomp :( 

I wanna thank all the members for their support on guiding me on how to use the stomp.. thank you! 

Can I have your stomp? lol.....Please

• Haha 1

Best of luck with what you decide to use next! Maybe some day you'll circle back around to a full Helix ;)

On that note, I have a curiosity I've wondered about: I own Bias FX2, Bias Amp 2, S-Gear, Thermionik, Ignite, ReValver, and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting. They all have a different 'feel' than my Helix floor, but to me it feels somewhat less dynamic, yet it also makes it easier to play because it takes less effort. What I mean by that is, while those other plugins are capable of fantastic tones, to go from 'full soft' to 'full hard' attack is a smaller range of picking strengths compared to Helix. (Of course this is affected by the ASIO interface you use too, but this seems to be true even when I'm using my Helix as the dry input).

In other words, it seems like the response curves are different, where most of those plugins feel pretty linear from 'soft picking' to 'hard attack', whereas Helix feels more like an S-shaped asymptotic response curve.

As for which of these is more realistic, I can't say. I have far more experience with modelers than I do real amps. But I often wonder if when people say the 'feel' isn't there, what they mean is they prefer the 'feel' of a more linear dynamic response.

• 7 months later...
On 6/16/2020 at 11:38 PM, willyjacksonjs22 said:

On 6/17/2020 at 12:05 PM, Nylander88 said:

Can I have your stomp? lol.....Please

So I guess your silence means I don't get your stomp

• Haha 1