Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cab sim routing

palladinojt

I thought I saw/heard/read somewhere that with Helix you can use cab sims in your signal chain but have it only be applied to certain outputs; so for example, have a cab sim on your XLR outs going to the FOH board, but not on your 1/4" outs going to your power amp/on-stage cab.  Is this true, and if so how do you set this up?  I've been poking around in HX Edit, Global Settings on the device itself, etc - haven't figured it out yet.  Thanks!

Put the cab/IR block in your signal chain. Pull it down to create a parallel path. Pull down the mixer block to create a separate output. Assign the outputs per your needs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Put the cab/IR block in your signal chain. Pull it down to create a parallel path. Pull down the mixer block to create a separate output. Assign the outputs per your needs.

Will try this later - thanks.  Thinking out loud without having tried this yet, if I want to send the signal to two outputs with the only variation between the two being the cab sim, I would probably need to place the Cab Block as the last block in the chain and split right before that, in order to have everything else also going to both outputs.  If I do this, will the Cab Block collapse a stereo signal back to mono the same way an Amp block would, or no?

Thanks!

On 7/7/2020 at 11:06 AM, rd2rk said:

Yes, but you can use a Dual Cab Block to prevent that. Unfortunately, IR Blocks are MONO. Go to Idea scale to vote for stereo IR Blocks:

https://line6.ideascale.com/

Thanks so much for your help; looks like this will work.  I've had my Helix for over a year now and I wasn't even aware of the Single vs Dual cab option; never even noticed it before.  Thanks again!