Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

7/8 footswitch with dual external footswitch

Kingdondo

Hey guys. Loving the PG. There seems to be a huge number of really good value cheaper units being released (Nux MG300  and Valeton GP 100) but none have the PD features etc etc. Still best value in the universe.  On another note.  I have just bought a Mosky dual footswitch to activate 7/8 footswitch. Realise it has some limitations. Probably want to set 7/8 to the same feature each time so I don’t forget what they do. Say always use 7 for Volume boost and 8 to kick in overdrive boost or take out all effects. And suggestions 

I have one patch where I use F7 to change mic type and distance.  But because you can't see F7/F8 on the stomp mode screen, and name multi-functions even if you did, I concur that sticking to a set thing for each makes sense.  But Line 6 needs to give us a proper upgrade so that we have at least this functionality. I'd also like the option to use F7/8 to patch up/down so that you can still change patches even when in 6-stomp mode view. 

Another option is to try & name a patch in a way that tells you what F7/8 do.  Eg the patch I mentioned re different mic/distance I named: 2204GB4213576F7.  2204=Marshall JCM800; GB=Greenbacks (speaker cab) 421 = ribbon mic; 3 = 3" distance; 57 = 57 Dynamic mic; 6=6" distance; F7 = F7 is the control to switch these mic/distances.  It's not ideal, and characters are limited, but at least its one possible way to tell you what F7/8 do. 

For gigging I'd simplify eg Rock-F7micF8dbst (dbst=distortion boost) etc 

Numerous ways. But for a clean volume boost I use the main out and increase it by 3db. Alternatively you can put the EQ at the end of the chain and increase EQ level similarly. It's easiest to set up in Pod Go Edit, and assign those parameters to F7/F8. 

3 hours ago, Kingdondo said:

Thanks Voxman. Any idea where I could look to set up 7 for added volume and 8 for overdrive increase

you just do it like you would normally do for the other onboard footswitches. the core thinig is assign/control a parameter to a fw and set a min-max value (for the off-on state of the fw). see page 28/29 of the manual.