Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HelixNative3.00.dmg

vanilla

15 hours ago, vanilla said:

Why dmg not exe or zip upon update?

Hi again, vanilla,

The .dmg is a Mac disc image file that opens on the desktop to install the software.

The .exe file is a Windows executable file that installs the software.

The .zip is a cross platform self extracting compressed archive of files.

Hope this helps/makes sense (but as it's you vanilla, I will expect more weirdness)

I did guitarmo.

Yes commando, i know the difference, but i was expecting windows to be at the top of the list. That;s just what i'm used to. I signed in via helix native, clicked check for updates and the download page without windows being the first choice at the top of the list, i downloaded the mac version of helix native 3.00. I didn't think to scroll down any further for the windows version.

6 hours ago, vanilla said:

I did guitarmo.

Yes commando, i know the difference, but i was expecting windows to be at the top of the list. That;s just what i'm used to. I signed in via helix native, clicked check for updates and the download page without windows being the first choice at the top of the list, i downloaded the mac version of helix native 3.00. I didn't think to scroll down any further for the windows version.

Ah, but in a different language system, it goes ABCDE -> Z which would be .dmg -> .exe -> .zip

Line 6 is distributing across different platforms not just Windows.

It’s a mystery!

;-)