Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Poly Capo not available

dacop13

15 hours ago, dacop13 said:

I have notice the Poly Capo not being available with a simple one high gain Amp (Revv Red) and two Cab (V30) setup. Any work around on this?   

Hi,

You don’t mention which hardware HX product you are using, but this is from the Line 6 official release notes:

• IMPORTANT! 3.0's new poly models are extremely DSP-intensive. Some effects can eat up roughly a quarter of all available DSP on a Helix Floor, Rack, or LT or half (!!!) of all available DSP on HX Stomp or HX Effects. You also can't run more than one on the same path/DSP (unless  you're running Helix Native with Hardware Compatibility Mode turned off). Don't say we didn't warn you...

Also, bear in mind that certain amps may not be as “simple” as you might think and could be using lots of DSP along with any Poly FX.

Contributor “Malhavok”, Ben Vesco, has a list of how much DSP each item in the Helix uses. Check here:

https://benvesco.com/store/helix-dsp-allocations/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

3 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

You don’t mention which hardware HX product you are using, but this is from the Line 6 official release notes:

• IMPORTANT! 3.0's new poly models are extremely DSP-intensive. Some effects can eat up roughly a quarter of all available DSP on a Helix Floor, Rack, or LT or half (!!!) of all available DSP on HX Stomp or HX Effects. You also can't run more than one on the same path/DSP (unless  you're running Helix Native with Hardware Compatibility Mode turned off). Don't say we didn't warn you...

Also, bear in mind that certain amps may not be as “simple” as you might think and could be using lots of DSP along with any Poly FX.

Contributor “Malhavok”, Ben Vesco, has a list of how much DSP each item in the Helix uses. Check here:

https://benvesco.com/store/helix-dsp-allocations/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

I am using the Helix LT unit.

37 minutes ago, dacop13 said:

I am using the Helix LT unit.

Well, that should have enough muscle, but check out the DSP allocation that I mentioned.

You could try placing the Poly Capo on the top path and add the Red Revv and cabs on the lower path and then see what you have left. Possibly not much.