Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual pitch shift effect with delay?

TheRealDriller

Hi everyone, first post here. I got my HX Effects recently which I’m running with a JP-2C amp (4 CM). Absolutely love the unit and perfect to let me use the beautiful preamp sounds of the JP.

I’m trying to do the following without much luck and I’m wondering if one of the more experienced users here can help:

I’d like to pitch shift a single tone so I have: original root tone, -12cents and -24cents. I would like the root tone to have a delay of 250ms, the -12 500ms and the -24 no delay.

I’ve tried using the parallel method, pitchdelay and dual pitch (Max delay only 100ms) but to no avail. I can do some of the above but not have all of it. Should the helix be capable of doing this?

Many thanks,

Driller

you probably need a complex routing where path 1 and 2 are both using the Guitar input, path 1a would be your 'dry' signal with a delay of 250ms, path 1B would have a pitch (set to -12) with a delay block set to 500ms.  Path 2a would then be a straight path with a pitch block set to -24cents and no delay block added.  

the end of all chains would then go to their own outputs, all set to the same connection.  

I could be wrong, wouldnt this work?

Nevermind, I'm seeing that you have the HX Effects....only one processing line/chain correct?  Hmm....not sure then.  

• 1 year later...

Yes the LT and Full Helix have 2 processing paths (1&2), and each path can be separated into 2 paths (A&B) to allow for parallel routing.  However you can also drag the split/merge points down and create 4 complete separate paths (1A, 1B, 2A, 2B), with each path then having its own dedicated input/output.

I do this for my acoustic duo presets

1A - My guitar (guitar input)

1B - Duo guitar (aux input)

2A - My vocal (XLR input)

2B - Duo vocal (Insert/Return 1, using an XLR>1/4" cable)

I think what you are trying to do, you'd need the additional paths thus sort of duplicating your preset on paths 1 & 2 (inputs both set to Guitar In) and then you'd break them off to the 'B' parallel routing and apply your pitch shifting going out to different outputs then.