Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems with 1 switch looper

abstractocaster

On my Helix LT, the 1 switch looper acts very weird sometimes. I don't even know how to explain it, it just doesn't operate as it should.  It's playing, I hit the footswitch to overdub, nothing happens. I stop it, long press to delete, and it starts playing again.  I think I've even had it spontaneously start recording without having pressed the FS.  To reset, I usually just switch to a preset without the looper and then switch back, but I never had this before 3.01.

That's my beef.  I did see something about an update for the 1 switch looper in HXFX.  maybe it's the same.

Posted this in bug reports already.

Is that specific foot switch working properly in other contexts, or are you getting weird behaviour with other FX assigned to that foot switch? After ruling out a hardware problem I would make a system backup and then do a factory restore. As a last resort you can reinstall the firmware. If you’re still having issues after those steps I would open a support ticket.

3 hours ago, silverhead said:

Is that specific foot switch working properly in other contexts, or are you getting weird behaviour with other FX assigned to that foot switch? After ruling out a hardware problem I would make a system backup and then do a factory restore. As a last resort you can reinstall the firmware. If you’re still having issues after those steps I would open a support ticket.

Ah, great idea, will move my looper around, try other fx at that footswitch.  It does get more use than any other FS for that double pump to stop.

10 hours ago, silverhead said:

Hey, thanks Silverhead, I used the Helix UI test, and that FS was funky.  So I spun it around a few times and that seemed to clean it up.  thanks for your help!