Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anybody Deal With The Logo Cycling Problem On Hd500?

lwolford

Every once in a while (maybe once a day to every two days) my pod will cycle the logo in the lcd screen at startup. I've contacted Line 6 and could possibly send it in to them to be fixed. I could also return it for a refund to Zzounds, but they don't have any more and would only be able to give me my money back or exchange for another product. I would have to pay for shipping to Line 6 and they would pay shipping for return. Has anyone else had this problem? It's not huge since turning it off and on will cure it. Will it stay that way, or is this a sign of a Pod about to die? If it is not a huge problem, I could save myself the headache of a repair if it keeps up and just keep it. I have tried both a global reset and reinstalling the flash update.

Have you tried booting it (powering up) while pressing the left nav button, this is a reset so make sure you backup your bundle of patches. Usually what I do when I have a major problem with the pod itself is refash the firmware, do the reset, and then calibrate the pedal. I don't rely on saving patches although I do, but I have learned how to make patches on the fly and am still learning. I get better and bettter at it every day.

• Upvote 1

I've done both the global reset (holding the left nav button) and reinstalled the flash update. I did have the usb plugged in at the time (not to a computer though). I don't know if that would have something to do with it.

I usually unplug the usb before doing the global reset. I don't think what your doing is causing any problem.

backup your setlists, and then reflash it... allow the firmware to install all the factory tones.

do the global reset/calibration after...

and see if the problem goes away (do not reinstall your tones)

most likely you have a bad tone from an older firmware installed...

if this works, you might try putting your tones back at some point... preferably one at a time so you can identify the bad one...

might be easier just to start over though...

• Upvote 2

Ok. This time I installed the flash and didn't keep any presets (I did keep them before). My own patches were not very complicated and I was still working on them. I've only had this a little over a month. Thanks for the help. I will try it over the next few days and see if the problem keeps happening.

I tried flashing the memory again, but this time I kept it on a factory preset instead of one of my own. Last time, my last preset came up when I turned it on after flashing it. It was gone when I changed to a different preset, but to just make sure that was not the problem, I tried it again. Hope it works this time.

• 1 month later...

I have an update. I sent it in to Line 6 for repair. It's on its way back to me and I should be jammin by Friday. They said the main PCBA board needed replaced, so I guess flashing the memory would not fix that. If your's will not quit flashing the logo after flashing the memory, I would recommend sending it if if it is under warranty. Thanks everyone for your help.