Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New G10S battery time?

caddbass

Hi- New to the Forum, tried searching for this but was unable to find an answer (apologies if it's been posted 1000x already!)...

Bought a brand new G10S on 1/14/21 (so should be clear of earlier firmware/charging issues). After taking a full charge, I noticed the green 'charge' indicator lights drop off from three to one rather quickly- like, after an hour/hour and a half or so. Is this normal? 

Also of interest, 'sleep mode' works on one bass (Ibanez SR1405), but not on another (Ibanez BTB740). Any ideas?

Thanks for any help or response....:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 9:26 AM, caddbass said:

Hi- New to the Forum, tried searching for this but was unable to find an answer (apologies if it's been posted 1000x already!)...

Bought a brand new G10S on 1/14/21 (so should be clear of earlier firmware/charging issues). After taking a full charge, I noticed the green 'charge' indicator lights drop off from three to one rather quickly- like, after an hour/hour and a half or so. Is this normal? 

Also of interest, 'sleep mode' works on one bass (Ibanez SR1405), but not on another (Ibanez BTB740). Any ideas?

Thanks for any help or response....:)

Hi Caddbass,  How long does the transmitter last in total for you?  I am considering purchasing it but...  not hearing it is getting anywhere near the 6 hours as advertised.

11 hours ago, marshallsp said:

Hi Caddbass,  How long does the transmitter last in total for you?  I am considering purchasing it but...  not hearing it is getting anywhere near the 6 hours as advertised.

I wouldn't buy it. Last firmware reduced battery charge to less than an half. So, a fresh unit, will last average 3hrs, even if they advertise for 6. (not even sure it was lasting that much before the firmware, honestly)

(you could search for a unit with the old firmware and stick with that.)

6 hours ago, PierM said:

I wouldn't buy it. Last firmware reduced battery charge to less than an half. So, a fresh unit, will last average 3hrs, even if they advertise for 6. (not even sure it was lasting that much before the firmware, honestly)

I never got the originally advertised 8 hours... even when it was brand new. Those numbers are always a fantasy anyway, just like mileage estimates from auto manufacturers... you'll only get the upper limit of the estimate if you only drive downhill with a constant 40mph tail wind, but I digress...

I consistently got from 6 to 6.5 hours before the "update". Not anymore...

10 hours ago, PierM said:

(you could search for a unit with the old firmware and stick with that.)

Just happened to be poking around on the Sweetwater site... they're giving away a G10S with the purchase of a Helix LT, and the Relay itself just saw a $50 price drop. Hmmm... lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

Just happened to be poking around on the Sweetwater site... they're giving away a G10S with the purchase of a Helix LT, and the Relay itself just saw a $50 price drop. Hmmm... lol

Sounds like the right nemesis to me....lol

I would like to think if they are all going on sale that would be an indication that maybe a MKii unit may be on the horizon (summer namm?)  I would rather have the features advertised on the G10s but man that Boss WL50's 12 hours of battery life is really looking good.  Ill wait a few months and see, Only using cheaper ammoon wireless in my teaching studio for now but would like to upgrade for live use.  I love not having cables all over the place in my teaching studio, and band practice.