Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Do YouTube Controls have to replace regular pedals commands?

Jiiiim

Hi!

I have my favourite preset with effects, snapshots etc. set up, but I'd like to us it that alongside a YouTube keyboard controller.

I see I can go into command centre and copy and paste the controls in from the YouTube template, but do these have to replace my existing controls/pedals I have set up? I thought I'd maybe be able to hit the mode switch and change to YouTube mode to control it, and then back to my usual pedal configuration while playing?

It's not really that clear what is going on in the command centre in that regard.

Jim

The Command Center is just another way of assigning actions to stomps or snapshots, but they still use the same physical Helix button assignments.  The only differences are there are some instantaneous commands that automatically execute when you open up the preset and you can assign actions to any of the buttons including the tempo/tuner, mode, up and down preset buttons and so forth.  I'm not even sure YouTube controls have the ability to operate and send the appropriate MIDI commands to the Helix.  My understanding is it's just keyboard shortcuts primarily for navigating YouTube but I'm really not all that familiar with it.

• 3 years later...
On 2/13/2024 at 5:17 AM, BrandonParre said:

I see it’s been a while, but I’d like to say that YouTube controls don't have to replace your existing setup! You can use the mode switch to toggle between YouTube mode and your regular pedal configuration. Just paste the YouTube controls into the command center, hit the mode switch when you want to control it and switch back to your usual setup while playing.

The MODE switch toggles between Preset/Snapshots and Stomp Mode. If you use Stomp Mode for YT controls you can't use it on the same switches as normal Stomps. Well, you could, but it's likely gonna get weird.

You CAN dedicate some switches to YT and some to normal Bypass/Snapshot/etc. functions, but that's not the same as just pasting the YT commands into CommandCenter and using whatever your normal setup was.