Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which software to record with

Tried searching first but didn't find anything.

What software do I need to just record with? I'm not worried  about programming the Pocket Pod, the presets are fine for now.

I just want to play and record on my PC,  if even all it is is just an MP3 or other sound file format.  The simpler the software the better. 

Using windows 10 64 bit. And, if needed, Pocket pod, shows 2002/95/EC on the back

Thanks in advance.

There are many, but if you're looking for something easy and cheap, try Audacity.  https://www.audacityteam.org/

After you get the hang of it, a more fully functional studio recording package is Cakewalk by Bandlab. Here's a link: Cakewalk by BandLab | BandLab Products. This is also free, but is much more full featured. 

• 1 month later...

You need to have the PocketPod connected to USB on your computer

Does the PocketPod show up in your Windows Device Manager under Sound devices? 

In Cakewalk, press P for Preferences and it should be listed under Devices - Input and Output drivers. Also check Driver Settings and it should be selected as the Playback and Record Timing Masters. 

Playback and Recording should have ASIO set as the Driver mode.

You might have to set the Driver mode first.