Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects white display and not LED Ring light

duaffe

Hi, 

i just ordered a new HX Effects. After powering up there is just an "white display" no boot infos, no letters or words, no LED Ring display nothing (see Pic).  The strange thing is that sound normal. If i connect the Unit via USB to me mac i can see everthing in HX Edit. And if i use the FS on the HX Effext i can effects switch on and off ?? ;-). Can someone help ?

IMG_3930.JPG

Try holding down FS7 and FS8 (the Tap switch and the one to the left of it) while powering off up. That will initiate a factory reset. If that doesn’t work, I suspect there’s some sort of hardware issue.

33 minutes ago, duaffe said:

I updated to the newest Firmware. Nothing changes.. i do the "FS7 and FS8" factory reset. Nothing changes.... ;-( ... it´s the thirt unit that didn´t work ...;-(

Really? What was wrong with the other units? And where are you getting them from?

4 hours ago, duaffe said:

it´s the thirt unit that didn´t work ...;-(

That’s something that I cannot comprehend - in fact it’s a failure rate that IIRC, has not previously been reported in these threads. As “phil_m” above asks, I also wonder where you managed to buy 3 malfunctioning units? Very odd!

Nothing help. I send it back.

the first one i bhougt was a B-Stock from one of the greatest Online Dealer in Europe. It didn´t turn on. I Sent it back an got a new on. That one allwas switch the Display from Tempo to Scribble. Ant the thirt one from another online dealer .... you can see the pic on the top ;-) .. i never got any issues with other line6 stuff but me an the HX seems to doesen´t fit ;-)

3 hours ago, duaffe said:

Nothing help. I send it back.

the first one i bhougt was a B-Stock from one of the greatest Online Dealer in Europe. It didn´t turn on. I Sent it back an got a new on. That one allwas switch the Display from Tempo to Scribble. Ant the thirt one from another online dealer .... you can see the pic on the top ;-) .. i never got any issues with other line6 stuff but me an the HX seems to doesen´t fit ;-)

If the HX Effects is new, it will be covered by the warranty if it is faulty. As I said previously, this is a very unusual failure rate for these items. Contact the dealer and have it replaced with a new unit.

I would guess that by mentioning “one of the greatest Online Dealer in Europe” you refer to Thomann who are very good with this sort of thing. Possibly the “other online dealer”, is Bax, who are also, in my experience with them, very reliable. 

Have it exchanged for a fully functioning unit, and let us know when you have it solved.