Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native internet dependency ?.

iosman123

Hello,

When my computer is offline (WLAN stick disconnected), Native complains ( ' not initialized ').

But:

Helix Native Plugin is authorized.

Computer is authorized.

I can replicate this :

Computer online: Everything's fine

krogerfeedback talktosonic talktowendys whataburgersurvey

('You have a valid Helix Native license that does not expire')

Computer offline: Message in orange letters ' Failed to connect to DSP engine

(Unknown communication error)

Minimum Hardware Requirements
· Dual-Core 2.0GHz processor or faster
· 4GB of RAM
· 100MB of free disk space
· Internet connection required for license authorization (and for trial version)

Seems, as if Helix Native really has to be connected constantly to the internet (copy protection).

thanks
jackyjoy

22 hours ago, iosman123 said:

Seems, as if Helix Native really has to be connected constantly to the internet (copy protection).

Not according to the Helix Native v3.0 Pilot’s Guide - Rev N, which states.

Internet connection required for license authorization, use of trial version, and for the initial license synchronization of Marketplace premium assets. (The use of premium presets and Impulse Responses purchased from Marketplace requires Helix Native version 1.70, or later)

You didn’t mention what computer operating system and DAW you are using, and/or if it worked previously but has now stopped functioning as expected with your WLAN stick.

Sorry you're having connectivity problems. I agree with @datacommando, and internet connection is not required for a licensed copy that is properly linked to your Line 6 account. I've never experienced what you're seeing (Mac Catalina running Logic Pro). So....

Something is obviously wrong in your camp., but it should be fixable.There were reported similar problems in early versions of Helix Native. Are you running the latest version? And you linked it to your account while online (no Little Snitch, no firewall, etc).

You might also look for some troubleshooting ideas in this older thread. Perhaps even a reinstall.