Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx stomp xl no sound coming from right output Jack.

jasonyoung84

My New out of the box and not updated yet HX stomp XL is not giving me a signal from the right output Jack. I get stereo sound from the headphone out and when I run the USB out to my daw. I’ve trouble spot everything I can think of.  (I come from lots of analog effects so I’m not new to troubleshooting cables and all that) I am however new to hx stuff so it may be possible there is a setting I’m overlooking? I don’t have a computer at the moment so I don’t use the edit software. I set all the effects to stereo.

The Output Block has a PAN setting, but that is a per preset thing, so if it's on all presets, then you should start by updating it.

DL and Install HX Edit v3.11.

With HXS connected and turned ON, load HX Edit. It will tell you to update.

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS PRECISELY! DON'T SKIP THE FACTORY RESET AFTER THE UPDATE!

If, after a proper and successful update to FW v3.11, you still have the problem, it's probably defective, return it.

You REALLY need to get a computer to deal with this. It's a computer.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, jasonyoung84 said:

I don’t have a computer at the moment

Hi, 

This is a big part of owning any of the Helix units. It’s not simply for editing presets, as you have already discovered, that can be done on the hardware. The BIG PROBLEM for you is the fact that without access to a computer, you simply cannot make backup copies of the stuff you have created in the XL, or perform any firmware updates which are full of new features and bug fixes.

If you had a computer, in this situation it would be quite straight forward to have you perform a factory reset on your Stomp XL. Doing a reset without having a backup of your presets could result in losing everything. At the moment you only have the option to revert your hardware back to box fresh by wiping it, but if anything does go really badly wrong… well.

As noted by “rd2rk” in the post above, the Helix is a computer, and you need another computer to communicate with it to fix issues such a this.

Hope this helps/makes sense.