Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Separating Vocal/guitar Routing

wambli1

I am trying to send my vocal to pa and guitar to my amp. In pw it is sounding guitar. This is how I have it hooked up. Live out left ch to amp 1/4inch. XLR out right to pa. I have a HD 500x. In HD edit Mac app/mixer main mix it shows it's panned left right

If you are only plugged into one of the 1/4 inch outputs it will be mono which will have both vocals and guitar in the amp. I wonder if you could plug a cable into the 1/4 inch right jack and not plug the other end into anything? Also, if you put any kind of mono effect after the mixer it will make your signal mono. I hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

+1 to lwolford

You need to have a jack in the R to ensure you maintain separation of L and R, and you must ensure no fx are post mixer unless they are fully stereo and maintain L + R separation. 

If you are unsure, keep all your guitar stuff in PATH A and all your vocal stuff in PATH B, with nothing before the split and nothing post mixer.   Pan PATH A to 100% L and PATH B to 100% R.  That way you will have guitar on L and vocal on R.