Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New to Helix Native and DAW

jpdennis

Just wanted to say hello.

First I want to thank the members for posting in this searchable database.  I already solved one issue.

I have never used a DAW before so I am really treading new territory.

I purchased reaper & Helix Native yesterday for many reasons.  My main one is to see if I can normalize all levels with respect to my Helix patches.  The second is to learn DAW and start recording my ideas.  I built my recent system;

Windows 10 Enterprise

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

MSI MPG X570 MB

Corsair Vengeance Ram (32GB)

Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 500GB

Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 580

Reaper 6.29 x64

I have a couple 1TB SSD internal drives and several 8TB external for off loading data.  My question is ... does anyone see any problems with my setup so far?  I will be replacing the memory with 64GB next month and the Ryzen 9 5950X once the supply chain improves or I find some special.  I will be purchasing an audio interface as well but for now I am using my Helix.

Let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks in advance

Just Plain Dennis

16 hours ago, jpdennis said:

Just wanted to say hello.

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the land that time forgot. Or, rather, the forum that is least visited among the Helix community.

You should be fine with the gear you have, so jump in and try things out, and see how you get on.

Have fun with your new toys. Any issues you know you can find a couple of users here.

• Upvote 1