Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can i use a pod go into an amp and a frfr at the same time?

BecomingEthereal

I'm attempting to use an amp I have and a frfr speaker I have at the same time but I notice using the global setting to make the amp source pre cab/ir means I still have to remove my head from my signal chain to use my amp? 

Am I missing something or is this the way it is? 

The Amp Out will be split off after the amp block but before the cab block (assuming you have it set that way in the Global Settings), so yes, it’s kind of assuming you’d be plugging into an effects return. If you want to go into the front of an amp, you could use the PG’s effects send. You just have to put the effects loop in front of the amp block. If you set the Mix parameter to 50, the signal will flow through to the amp block in the chain, and it will split off into the send jack. Of course any other effects you have after the amp and cab blocks won’t be included in this signal.

Use a 1/4" Y cable to jump the go's effects send to effects receive. Out of that Y connect to your guitar amp. Place the effects send/receive block just before your amp simulation black. Turn effects send on and remove the stomp button from it so that you can't accidently turn it off.

Put all of your effects before the send/receive block.

Now you have signal with no amp/speaker simulation going to your amp, and signal with amp/speaker going to the powered speaker.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 1:13 PM, wpostma said:

You can get some hum and ground loop issues doing this Y cable thing.

The pod go isn't going to contribute to a ground loop because its signal ground is not connected to mains earth ground.

I suppose you could get a ground loop condition from your guitar amp and the powered speaker. In that case, I'd recommend connecting them both to the same outlet to minimize the size of the ground loop. You can also use ground loop busters, or an isolation transformer in one of the signal paths.