Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wah pedal don't remain active between snapshots

sebabetto

hi all! just like the title, when I turn on the wah pedal lets say.. in snapshot 3, and then change to other snapshot, the wah pedal turns inactive and the volume pedal turns active. there is a way may be in the global settings or other config to avoid this?

thanks!!

13 hours ago, sebabetto said:

hi all! just like the title, when I turn on the wah pedal lets say.. in snapshot 3, and then change to other snapshot, the wah pedal turns inactive and the volume pedal turns active. there is a way may be in the global settings or other config to avoid this?

thanks!!

Go to snap shot e.g. SS1 where you want the wah active, select wah on, and save patch. Then repeat as needed in each snapshot e.g. SS2 but save the patch after each SS change before moving to the next. 

I wouldn’t bother with trying to save the wah bypass state in each snapshot. What I’d do is disable snapshot bypass for the wah block. This way that block’s bypass state won’t be recalled by snapshots, and it will stay however it is when you change snapshots.

To disable snapshot bypass, navigate to the wah block, press the Action button and set the Snapshot Bypass setting to Off.

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

I wouldn’t bother with trying to save the wah bypass state in each snapshot. What I’d do is disable snapshot bypass for the wah block. This way that block’s bypass state won’t be recalled by snapshots, and it will stay however it is when you change snapshots.

To disable snapshot bypass, navigate to the wah block, press the Action button and set the Snapshot Bypass setting to Off.

Interesting - is that a per patch setting, or is it global for all snapshots in all patches?   

5 minutes ago, voxman55 said:

Interesting - is that a per patch setting, or is it global for all snapshots in all patches?   

It’s a parameter for each block. It determines whether the bypass state of that block is controlled by snapshots or not. It determines the behavior the block in just that preset.

thanks all for the trouble!

maybe I don't explain the problem very well.

The situation is that the wah pedal should be disabled in every snapshot. and when i'm playing in a live situation, I activate the wah pedal with the toe switch. then maybe I want to quikly change to another snapshot And keep using the wah pedal.. so I need that the "wah pedal state" reamins the same trough the all four snapshots, whether be on or off

9 minutes ago, sebabetto said:

thanks all for the trouble!

maybe I don't explain the problem very well.

The situation is that the wah pedal should be disabled in every snapshot. and when i'm playing in a live situation, I activate the wah pedal with the toe switch. then maybe I want to quikly change to another snapshot And keep using the wah pedal.. so I need that the "wah pedal state" reamins the same trough the all four snapshots, whether be on or off

Yep… And setting the Snapshot Bypass parameter to Off like I explained above will allow you to do just that. It’s like the wah block simply isn’t part of the snapshots then. So if you have it on and switch to a different snapshot, the wah will remain on. It’s almost like have an independent pedal outside of the preset.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Yep… And setting the Snapshot Bypass parameter to Off like I explained above will allow you to do just that. It is like the wah block simply isn’t part of the snapshots then. So if you have it on and switch to a different snapshot, the wah will remain on. It’s almost like have an independent pedal outside of the preset.

I was looking for the option you said in "Pod Go Edit" and I couldn't find it. The trick is like you said, directly in the "Pod Go"'s buttons... thanks!

2 minutes ago, sebabetto said:

I was looking for the option you said in "Pod Go Edit" and I couldn't find it. The trick is like you said, directly in the "Pod Go"'s buttons... thanks!

It is available in POD Go Edit as well. You just right click on the block, and it’s one of the options available in the menu that pops up.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sebabetto said:

I found it! right click on the block pedal! 

cxsdvdfxcv.jpg

32 minutes ago, phil_m said:

It is available in POD Go Edit as well. You just right click on the block, and it’s one of the options available in the menu that pops up.

well... I tried the solution but its a mess... maybe is a bug I don't know... but when I change between snapshots the pedal doesn't do what suppoused to do.. the volume go down, etc... I removed the snapshot bypass from the volume block as well, but no... it's not a coherent

2 hours ago, sebabetto said:

well... I tried the solution but its a mess... maybe is a bug I don't know... but when I change between snapshots the pedal doesn't do what suppoused to do.. the volume go down, etc... I removed the snapshot bypass from the volume block as well, but no... it's not a coherent

I was going to mention this earlier, but forgot. You’ll need to go to Global Settings>Switches/Pedals>EXP1 Position and EXP 2 Position and make sure they’re both set to Per Preset or Global. If they’re set to Per Snapshot, the value of the parameters controlled by the pedals will be saved per snapshot. So that could be why you’re experiencing weirdness.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I can't get this to work the way I think it should either.  I've tried all the permutations (I think).  My exp1 and exp2 are set to "global" in global settings.

1. Wah is disabled in all my presets and snapshots.  When I want it, I enable via exp toe switch, at which point the exp pedal controls the way position parameter.

2. When I change snapshot, I expect that change to be seamless for everything, including wah (enabled and its position controlled by exp pedal).

On 4/30/2023 at 5:11 PM, Bedougger said:

I can't get this to work the way I think it should either.  I've tried all the permutations (I think).  My exp1 and exp2 are set to "global" in global settings.

1. Wah is disabled in all my presets and snapshots.  When I want it, I enable via exp toe switch, at which point the exp pedal controls the way position parameter.

2. When I change snapshot, I expect that change to be seamless for everything, including wah (enabled and its position controlled by exp pedal).

If you want the wah and volume to truly be global (well at least in a preset), you should disable the Snapshot Bypass parameter for those blocks. That way the bypass state of those block will not be affected at all by snapshot changes.