Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Twin Harmony and Snapshots

Breeze123

I have a Line 6 Helix and am beginning to get hooked on Snapshots.   I'm noticing, however, that whenever I use Twin Harmony and have multiple snapshots  (some with the feature on and some with the feature bypassed) that it is ALWAYS on even when I switch to a Snapshot where is was set to "Bypass".   For other effects, I have not had any issue with the "bypass state" between Snapshots.  This is very annoying because as soon as I have a Snapshot with the feature "on", ALL Snapshots have it on as well, even though I've attempted to save each Snapshot with Twin Harmony "off".  Any thoughts?

Thanks, Ron

I can't duplicate the problem.

When you add an effect. it's ON by default in all Snapshots. You have to turn it OFF manually in each Snapshot, then SAVE the Snapshot.

Unless SNAPSHOT BYPASS is unchecked for a Block, even if you change it's saved setting in a Snapshot, changing Snapshots should reflect it's saved setting in that Snapshot.

If you have Snapshot Edits (Global Settings) set to RECALL, and you change the Bypass status in a Snapshot, then change Snapshots, when you go back to that Snapshot it will still be changed. Unless you SAVE the Preset, when you change presets the change reverts to the last SAVED setting.

The usual questions - are you on FW v3.11 and HX Edit v3.11? They have to match.

If YES, then attach a copy of the offending Preset and I'll test it on my Helix.

Wow...thanks for getting back to me so quickly.   I am aware of your notes above, but for some reason, I'm having the problem (only with Twin Harmony and with no other effect).   I've attached my preset (with 4 Snapshots set up).

BACKGROUND:  I have a floor Helix with the latest firmware installed (V3.11).  It doesn't matter if I use HX Edit (V3.11) or edit using the Helix device directly.   I have "Recall" set for Global Settings/Snapshot Edits.  Here's what I see (with the attached preset or any preset):

ATTEMPTING TO SET THE BYPASS STATE FOR TWIN HARMONY (DOESN"T WORK):   I go into the 1st Snapshot ("Moth Db-4") and turn "on" Twin Harmony..... Now when I go to any of the other Snapshots "Twin Harmony" is turned on even though I want it to be off.   (I've also noticed that if I have Twin Harmony turned off (and all Snapshots have it off), when I'm playing and turn Twin Harmony on....when I switch to a different Snapshot, it is now "on" as well.  I have to remember to turn if off.)

ATTEMPTING TO SET THE BYPASS STATE FOR DHYNA DRIVE (IT WORKS):    Likewise, I go into the 1st Snapshot ("Moth DB-4") and turn "on" Dhyna Drive (Distortion), it will only be on for that first Snapshot.   This means that when I switch from one Snapshot to another, the "state" of whether or not Dyna Drive is on or off is kept in tact.   For Dhyna Drive or any other effect I can do this (except for Twin Harmony).  

I've attached my exact preset....

Thanks so much for your help,

Ron

04B-Does Moth 17-19.hlx

Right click the TWIN HARMONY Block. Click on Snapshot Bypass (checkmark appears).

Now it'll work like the Dhyana Drive Block. Don't forget to SAVE!

The default when you load any effect is SNAPSHOT BYPASS selected (checked).

If you saved TWIN HARMONY as a FAVORITE with SNAPSHOT BYPASS unchecked, and/or you're copy/pasting it between presets with SNAPSHOT BYPASS unchecked, it will remain unchecked. Interesting anomaly - if you've saved it unchecked as a favorite, and you DRAG/DROP it into the signal chain, SNAPSHOT BYPASS will be checked, but NOT if you COPY/PASTE from favorites. Weird.